The Websites and Project
This project involved two websites, PantheonParis.com and NotreDameCathedralParis.com. Both websites existing for approximately ten years. The problem was ensuring that existing traffic and conversion rates increased as both ranked highly for their main keywords.
Check out the live versions:
Therefore, the scope included modernizing their look and branding them to have a consistent feel. Visitors to Paris needed to feel comfortable with the information on the websites, and so market research dictated a “modern”, “authoritative”, and “official looking” website design was needed.
The Notre Dame Cathedral website:
Straight from Mr. Daniel Christian:
In my words, here’s a little bit of what I did for Mr. Christian.
- Loads faster = Better User Experience and Less Bounces
- Easier to Navigate = Users happier and stay longer
- Optimized for mobile = Caters to highest base of users
- Modern, Authoritative, Official looking = Inspires confidence
- Privacy / GDPR compliant / HTTPS
- Additional revenue stream added = More revenue for the owner
- Administration of website made easier = Happy Owner!
The previous sites, were built when mobile friendly websites didn’t really exist. The sites hadn’t been updated for about ten years, were being flagged by the browsers as being insecure. The owner was afraid that user expectations and/or Google, would eventually cause his sites to lose rankings.
A comparison to the old site:
These sites were built using WordPress. The Gutenberg Editor is installed and used with blocks. Advanced Custom Fields is used for various inputs in conjunction with Gutenberg. The theme design was built on top of the Storefront Theme (taking advantage of the
Custom functionality in the form of a site-specific plugin